You are not satisfied with your drawing skills? In the next three blog posts I would like to introduce three printmaking techniques to you that makes your drawing skills irrelevant. I wouldn’t consider myself as a good drawer. It takes me a while to come to a drawing-result that is satisfying my expectations. I really envy the artists, who make a perfect drawing in three minutes. But with printmaking techniques you and I can be as fast as a professional drawer.
The first technique that I would like to show you is “Linoleum Printing”:
I already published a DIY step by step guide on this:BRING SUMMER TO YOUR HOME – #5 DIY FLAMINGO PRINT.
What I really love about linoleum-prints is that you can create a lasting stamp that you can use whenever you feel like it. Just follow the seven steps below to get the best results:
- Find a nice motive on Google pictures.
- Print a motive with clear contours (e.g. black-and-white pictures).
- Cut out the motive.
- Use double-sided tape to attach the motive to the linoleum block.
- Cut along the motive with a linoleum cutting tool.
- Remove the outer linoleum layers and the motive.
- Attach a small handle on the backside of the linoleum block (e.g. a piece of wood).
Are you excited to create your own linoleum-stamp now? Below you can find all required materials:
Where to find:
Please share your experiences with me in the comments section: